Mien ga or glass noodle with chicken soup or crystal noodle…. is my favorites noodle for breakfast, lunch or for dinner. It is simple, light and delicious dish.
I like to repair this dish for my breakfast, for its simplicity. It doesn’t take hours to cook like pho. In my opinion, this chicken Soup has an amazing taste.
How to cook?
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 kg of chicken bone ( neck, body bone..)
- 1 onion; charred, skinned & halved
- 1 (4”) ginger root; halved lengthwise, bruised, charred & skinned
- 1 litter poultry stock ( option)
- 200 gram of prawn ( burn the skin using mallet heat slightly, or 100 gram dry prawn ( soft in warm water, risen)
- 60 ml fish sauce or more to taste
- 1 tsp rock or granulated sugar or more to taste
- 1 to 2 packet glass noodle ( or depend how much you want )
- 20 gram wood ear mushrooms, reconstituted as needed & sliced
- chopped scallion
- fried shallots ,finely chopped cilantro
- Make broth: In a stockpot, add chicken, hearts if using, gizzards if using, onion, ginger, stock, prawn and enough water to cover; bring to boil. Lower heat and simmer until chicken is cooked through, approx 45 minute ( for big chicken around 1.8 kg) ) , skimming scum occasionally. Remove chicken, cover, and chill. Add fish sauce, sugar, and salt to taste.
- Shred chicken and discard bones. Ladle broth over noodles, bamboo, mushrooms, and chicken. Garnish with scallion, fried shallots, cilantro
You can serve this dish anytime even during busy days as you can prepare the stock earlier and store in the refrigerator. You just have to heat up the broth and throw in your noodles and condiments. Cook for the desired time and serve.
Hope you will try this recipe and enjoy this delicious dish. Bon appetit.